Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ungrasped Inbetween

Somewhere in unspoken words lies the thread of truth in every conversation. His side. Her side. And the reality is somewhere in the ungrasped inbetween. I cannot find words to describe a feeling I myself do not understand. He cannot find logic in an explanation I am unable to offer. So we stand, face-to-face, in an epiphany of distorted comprehensions. Here we are, angry and frustrated. I teeter on the edge... on the edge of what? That is the question. He watches in the throes of helplessness. How does he fix what he can't see to be broken? When words fail to soothe what is left? Can affection fill in the blanks until hearts learn to connect again? I am understanding now that when a soul is exhausted rest can only be found in the arms of God. All else fall short in comforting a weakened spirit. In the arms of God is a peace that surpasses all he cannot understand and everything I cannot find words to explain. God's hands are the equalizer that sits in the beyond and holds us together, inside and out.

If you're on the edge today, look to the right or to your left and see you are not alone. Many of us from every walk of life are standing next to you, feeling the same stress, facing the same failures, hurting just as you are. Fall today into the arms of your Creator and find the peace and restoration your soul needs to go on. I promise you will stand again, inwardly fulfilled and comforted.

No comments:

Post a Comment