Monday, August 31, 2009

I Know What It's Like

I know what it's like to feel hollow.
When words cut like a knife
it's hard to swallow.

I know what it's like to curl up and weep,
and pray with all your might
that you'll fall asleep.

I know what it's like to stand behind the scenes
and watch in agony
while someone else lives your dream.

I know what it's like to read God's truth
and want to live by faith
but still need proof.

I know what it's like to fail in everything,
to despise what you've become
to writhe in pain and scream.

I know what it's like to face rejection,
to look in the mirror
and hate your own reflection.

I know what it's like to be torn open,
to find nothing worldly worth
putting your hope in.

I know what it's like to feel weak...
I know of these things I speak...
for the only strength I own is God's and His alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment