Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Weight" It Out

I am 5'6", though I wear heels all the time so most of my friends actually think I'm taller than I am. When I delivered my daughter I out-weighed my 6'2" husband. I gained 84 pounds during pregnancy! That's a lot of weight to add to one body in a short period of time. It was devastating. I felt embarrassed to go out in public and never prompted love-making with my husband because I was too ashamed of my own body. I looked like the Michelin Man, and I felt like him too. It took me a year to lose those 84 pounds, but they came off. There were many tearful nights of failure and many crabby dieting days, but I eventually got my body into shape. I hate exercising, but I love to dance and so I literally danced my butt off. My husband was key to my success as he encouraged me when I felt down, he motivated me to keep going when I wanted to quit and he committed himself to becoming healthier as well, so it felt like a team effort. It was our "battle of the bulge" and we came out victorious.... because we did it together.

If you're tackling a bulging belly or a back end that doesn't end, don't give up... and remember the weight game is a "wait" game... it doesn't happen overnight...but it can happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment